Media Brief - Starbucks - Class Project

For my final project in my Public Relations Publications class, I chose Starbucks for my company and created "Blue Cup Month". Each year, during the month of March, Starbucks would turn the hot beverage cups blue (like the red holiday cups) and 10 cents from each cup purchase would benefit the American Cancer Society.

There were multiple parts to this project including a fact sheet, press release, outreach media tool, a presentation and a media brief. All artwork, including the letterhead, was part of the creativity for this project.

Although majority of the Starbucks project was crafted from my imagination, I had to find an actual journalist who would normally write on the company and topic. I found Nancy Leson of he Seattle Times. I thought a journalist from Seattle would be fitting since Starbucks first opened in Seattle. Leson is a restaurant critic and has written articles in reference to companies helping communities. Here is the link to the story in the media brief: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/foodwine/2003638744_taste28.html.